Spiral Ham with Cranberry Glaze
The sweet, tangy glaze that complements this ham looks so pretty, and the cranberry flavor pairs well with the meat. It’s been a tradition in my home for as long as I can remember. —Pattie Prescott, Manchester, New Hampshire
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (8 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 jar (12 ounces) red currant jelly
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at
- 325° for 2-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine the remaining ingredients in a
- saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until
- cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; set
- Uncover ham; bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads
- 140°, basting twice with 1-1/2 cups glaze. Serve remaining glaze
- with ham. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 439 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 2,072 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.