Spiral Cheese Slices Recipe
Alma De Fazio rounds out the sensational supper with appealing Spiral Cheese Slices.. The Erie, Pennsylvania baker jazzes up refrigerated crescent roll dough by using cheddar cheese, green onions and garlic powder to create the delightful spirals. "I serve them as appetizers, too," she says. "They're very easy to make--and very delicious." Bake a bunch for your family tonight.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Remove crescent dough from tube; do not unroll. Cut into eight slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with green onions. Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese; lightly press cheese into slices.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC