Spinach with Pine Nuts and Raisins
A nice side for winter meat entrees, this bright and flavorful dish is a delicious way to get your greens. The simple list of ingredients makes it easy to prepare. —Gretchen Whelan, San Francisco, California
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, cook pine nuts and garlic in oil over medium heat
- for 2 minutes. Stir in raisins; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the
- spinach, salt and pepper; cook for 4-5 minutes or just until tender.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 171 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.