Spinach with Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- Torn fresh spinach
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, celery seed, salt and mustard. Gradually stir in milk and vinegar. Add butter. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into beaten eggs; return all to the pan. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in bacon and hard-boiled eggs. Serve immediately over spinach. Yield: about 4 cups.
1 cup: 655 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 402mg cholesterol, 1079mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Spinach with Hot Bacon Dressing
"i don't think i did anything any different than the recipe but i didn't care for it at all."
"I've had good hot bacon dressing before on spinach, but this one is better than all I've tried before. Cooking the onions and adding brown sugar is what makes the difference."