Spinach Wild Rice Quiche Recipe
From Ephrata, Pennsylvania, Leah Zimmerman writes, "I turn to this recipe when entertaining a small group or looking for a quick Sunday meal." Swiss cheese and spinach make this quiche tasty, but a store-bought pastry shell and last night's wild rice make it easy to assemble.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup Vegetable Wild Rice or cooked wild rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Add rice, cheese, bacon and spinach; mix well. Pour into prepared crust. Cover edges of pastry with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Wild Rice Quiche in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p63
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach Wild Rice Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review