Spinach White Bean Soup Recipe
This meatless soup is great for a busy weeknight supper after I get home from my job as a college nursing professor. The soup provides plenty of nutrients to keep me healthy.—Brenda Jeffers, Ottumwa, Iowa
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 1,080 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC