Spinach-Walnut Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach and cheese; remove from the heat.
- 2. Cut a lengthwise slit through the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place egg white and walnuts in separate shallow bowls. Dip one side of chicken in egg white, then in walnuts.
- 3. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 300 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach-Walnut Stuffed Chicken
"I made this recipe year's ago and it is absolutely delicious thanks for sharing"