For just 300 calories, this hearty yet elegant chicken dish, stuffed with healthy spinach, is one you can savor. The walnut coating is a delicious bonus, because walnuts, in small amounts, are super-healthy, too. Keri Capuano - Narragansett, RI
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach and cheese; remove from the heat.
- Cut a lengthwise slit through the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place egg white and walnuts in separate shallow bowls. Dip one side of chicken in egg white, then in walnuts.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Walnut Stuffed Chicken in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p46
Reviews forSpinach-Walnut Stuffed Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2015
"I made this recipe year's ago and it is absolutely delicious thanks for sharing"