For just 300 calories, this hearty yet elegant chicken dish, stuffed with healthy spinach, is one you can savor. The walnut coating is a delicious bonus, because walnuts, in small amounts, are super-healthy, too. Keri Capuano - Narragansett, RI
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach and cheese; remove from the heat.
- Cut a lengthwise slit through the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place egg white and walnuts in separate shallow bowls. Dip one side of chicken in egg white, then in walnuts.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Walnut Stuffed Chicken in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p46
Reviews for Spinach-Walnut Stuffed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2015
"I made this recipe year's ago and it is absolutely delicious thanks for sharing"