Spinach Vermicelli Recipe
“Not only is this simple dish nutritious and meatless, it also offers the goodness of spinach,” says Charleen Berkers of Palgrave, Ontario.
- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add the spinach, lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper; saute for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- 2. Drain vermicelli; toss with spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 220 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spinach Vermicelli
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC