Spinach Venison Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the venison, mushrooms, onion and green pepper for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon into crust; top with spinach and feta cheese.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, pepper and salt; pour over cheese.
- 4. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 298 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 207 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.