Spinach Venison Quiche Recipe
This exceptional quiche is a favorite of Gloria Long and her husband, Greg, from Morehead City, North Carolina. The spinach and venison are an unbeatable match, and the feta adds savory goodness.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the venison, mushrooms, onion and green pepper for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon into crust; top with spinach and feta cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, pepper and salt; pour over cheese.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Venison Quiche in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach Venison Quiche(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quiche >