- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the venison, mushrooms, onion and green pepper for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon into crust; top with spinach and feta cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, pepper and salt; pour over cheese.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach Venison Quiche
Sort By :
Made this with ground chuck instead of venison This was like a original jo's scarmble and use fresh spinach Yummmmm!
This took longer to bake than expected. Can't wait for it to come out of the oven. Looks good and used everything found in the fridge. Subbed evaporated milk for cream and fresh spinach then blue cheese for feta. And spices for veggies. It was ready in 50 min, but I cut the eggs down to three. I can't wait to try the real recipe. Luck to find this recipe today and venison in the freezer.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quiche >
- Spinach Recipes >