- seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 30
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in flour. Gradually whisk in milk until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Discard bay leaf. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce into a greased 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking dish; top with four noodles. Layer with 1 cup
- spinach, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, half of white sauce, 1 cup
- mozzarella cheese, half of venison and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles, tomato sauce and
- mozzarella cheese.
- Cover; bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes
- longer. Let stand 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now