Spinach Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3/4 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh spinach, chopped
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Add 2-1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions, carrots and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted; drain.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese sauce. Combine the remaining cheese sauce and milk. Spread half of the cheese sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles and half the vegetable mixture; repeat. Top with remaining noodles and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
One piece equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Spinach Vegetable Lasagna
"This was amazing! I added some parsley, rosemary, and pepper to the white sauce. Also used 1% milk instead of skim milk. Served it with garlic bread and a green salad. My husband and I are not vegetarians but we loved this dish."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.