My husband doesn't care much for garlic, so I use elephant garlic, which is milder. He never mentions the garlic being too strong in this recipe, so we're both satisfied with the results. --Delia Kennedy of Deer Park, Washington
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce, eggs, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, basil, oregano and mustard. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, pat turkey mixture into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with spinach and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling waxed paper away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Heat remaining spaghetti sauce; serve over turkey. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Turkey Roll in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p29
Reviews for Spinach Turkey Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review