Spinach Turkey Penne Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Crumble sausage into a skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In same skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach, raisins if desired and bouillon. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Stir in tomatoes and sausage.
- 3. Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture; toss gently. Garnish with almonds and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spinach Turkey Penne
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.