- 3 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Crumble sausage into a skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach, raisins if desired and bouillon. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Stir in tomatoes and sausage.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture; toss gently. Garnish with almonds and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Turkey Penne in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p153
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach Turkey Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review