Spinach Turkey Noodle Bake Recipe
"This creamy, comforting casserole is a terrific way to use up leftover turkey," advises Ramona Fish of Columbus, Indiana. "I usually freeze diced cooked turkey in 2-cup portions and have them ready to use when someone requests this popular dish."
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper. In another bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 2. In a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the noodles, turkey mixture and cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and bake 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned; sprinkle with paprika. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 242 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Spinach Turkey Noodle Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC