"This creamy, comforting casserole is a terrific way to use up leftover turkey," advises Ramona Fish of Columbus, Indiana. "I usually freeze diced cooked turkey in 2-cup portions and have them ready to use when someone requests this popular dish."
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper. In another bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the noodles, turkey mixture and cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned; sprinkle with paprika. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Turkey Noodle Bake in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p65
Reviews for Spinach Turkey Noodle Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2011
"I really liked this. Used rotisserie chicken instead of turkey. Might use ricotta instead of cottage cheese next time."