Spinach Turkey Meatballs
Meet the Cook: Our children - ages 3,5,7 and 9 - call these "Gramby Meatballs" because the recipe came from my dear mother-in-law. It's a great way to make spinach palatable. I usually make a triple batch, bake them all and freeze the extras for a quick meal later. That's helpful since I'm also a part-time college professor.
-Mimi Blanco, Bronxville, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Tomato wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine spinach, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasoned
- salt. Add turkey and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place
- meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer
- pink. Drain on paper towels. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 295 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.