Spinach Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 cup stuffing mix, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- Cheese slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and half of the spinach (save remaining spinach for another use). Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with cheese, lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 503 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 969mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein .
Reviews for Spinach Turkey Burgers
"These burgers are terrific! Even my kids who don't usually like turkey burgers loved these!"
"This is very popular in our house. For an alternate spread, try using light creamy caesar dressing. It is great with it.We have also doubled this recipe and made it into a meatloaf."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.