Looking for a change-of-pace burger? Try these pretty sandwiches from C.A. Hedges of Clarence Center, New York. Instead of beef, the burgers are filled with spinach and turkey for a succulent switch to the usual grilled fare.
- 1 cup stuffing mix, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- Cheese slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and half of the spinach (save remaining spinach for another use). Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with cheese, lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Turkey Burgers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p48
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review