- 3 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 quarts water
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, spinach, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and salt; return to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Spinach Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
One of my favorite soups. Great with taste of home's Herb Bubble Bread recipe. We're vegetarians so we use veggie broth instead and use chicken substitute. Always a winner when we make it for friends! Enjoy! It makes a lot!
My children and I love this soup! We omit the chicken and add extra potatoes and tortellini. It is our favorite meal.
I have made this soup a few times and it is excellent! Even my two young boys, who are suspicious of anything green, gobble it up and tell me it is their favorite soup! Made sure to put enough chicken bouillion (or use chicken broth) or the broth will be watery and lack flavor. Great recipe!
Loved this, and it made a nice sized portion so that i had leftovers for lunch the next day.