Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe
“I’m always looking for easy recipes I can prepare on busy days. This is wonderful for that. Try it with fresh, crusty bread.” —Jacqueline Dintino, Westminster, Maryland
- 3 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 quarts water
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the chicken, spinach, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and salt; return to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 271 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 974 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC