- 3 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 quarts water
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, spinach, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and salt; return to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Spinach Tortellini Soup
"Loved this, and it made a nice sized portion so that i had leftovers for lunch the next day."
"Excellent recipe for a light and satisfying soup! By the end there is not too much broth, so sometimes I add a little."
"Loved it !! left out the potatoes ( don't need the extra starch) and sweated the veggies first in some olive oil before adding the broth."
"I used 2 13 oz. bags of cheese totellini and minced my own garlic (instead of garlic power). Makes a large quantity."
"This soup is fast and easy and tastes wonderful!! I will definitely make it again. My kids loved it too."
"The spinach was overpowering and scared off the family. I might make it again if I left out the spinach."