Spinach Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Cook and stir over low heat just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sesame seeds, onion, salt and paprika; set aside.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl,
- combine the tortellini, spinach, cucumbers, oranges, almonds and bacon. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spinach Tortellini Salad
Sort By :
Super refreshing in the hot summer. Even picky eaters loved this one.
Made last night and was a BIG hit. I substituted the almonds with pine nuts.
Mandrine oranges break very easily. Need to be addedat the end. Good with strawberries and pineapple too.
I thought this salad was very tasty but I think I'll try chilling the dressing a bit the next time I make it.
I added some Italian Seasoning and it got a little zing.