Pretty and packed with nutrition, this fresh-tasting salad makes a company-special light meal or side dish! “I also add diced purple onion and red bell pepper…or substitute diced cooked chicken and bow-tie pasta for the tortellini.” Emily Hanson - Logan, Utah
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Cook and stir over low heat just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sesame seeds, onion, salt and paprika; set aside.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl,
- combine the tortellini, spinach, cucumbers, oranges, almonds and bacon. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Tortellini Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review