The perfect taste of summer, this colorful side dish is sure to please. The spinach and tomato, combined with the Parmesan cheese, give it a fabulous fresh flavor. My daughter especially loves this dish, which I make often. —Ila Mae Alderman, Galax, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 large tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook spinach according to package directions
- with bouillon; drain well. Cool slightly; press out excess liquid.
- Lightly salt tomato halves; place with cut side down on a paper towel
- for 15 minutes to absorb excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spinach, bread crumbs,
- cheese, onion, butter, egg, garlic, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Place tomato halves, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish. Divide
- the spinach mixture over tomatoes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese if
- desired. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes or until heated