- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Stir in tomatoes and spinach; heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Spinach Tomato Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"Love the broth for this soup! It was very easy to put together and was ready in no time. I made the recipe as is (pretty much) except all I had on hand was dried tortellini (which I don't recommend) - I will definitely use the refrigerated pasta next time. Also, the 1 teaspoon of sugar seemed unnecessary to me, and I was right. I did end up putting 1/4 teaspoon in the soup, but it didn't need it. I will leave the sugar out entirely next time. Overall though, a very good soup! Try topping it with some butter & garlic croutons just before serving - it really put this soup over the top!"
"Really good, family loved this soup. I forgot to add olive oil and sugar, but didn't miss it. I bought a can of italian diced tomatoes instead and added it to the soup. I added dried parsley too."