Tortellini, spinach and tomatoes are a pleasing combination in this tasty soup. Don’t forget the sprinkle of Parmesan cheese—it adds a special touch! Cindy Politowicz of Northville, Michigan shares the recipe.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Stir in tomatoes and spinach; heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Spinach Tortellini Soup in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p47
Reviews for Spinach Tomato Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review