- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- PITA TRIANGLES:
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole pita breads
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and onion. Spoon into an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and oil; brush over both sides of pitas. Cut each pita into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Combine cumin and lemon-pepper; sprinkle over both sides of wedges.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with spread. Yield: 4 cups (4 dozen pita triangles).
Originally published as Tomato Spinach Spread in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p53
Reviews for Spinach Tomato Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2009 Edited Jun. 7, 2009
I made this a couple of times for parties and everyone loved it. The tomatoes give it an interesting twist. My cousin was asking for it so making it again this weekend.
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2009
All I can say it blah! no flavor and uninteresting.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Spinach Dip Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spread Recipes >