Spinach Tomato Linguine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, spinach and onions in oil until tomatoes are softened. Sprinkle with salt and garlic salt. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese; until heated through.
- 2. Drain linguine; transfer to a serving bowl. Add tomato mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 357 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.