- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and paprika
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small skillet, cook the bacon, onion and red pepper until vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in spinach. Spoon spinach mixture into pastry.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese and seasonings; pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach Swiss Quiche
Sort By :
"Very Good, with the red and green the dish it was great for Christmas. Next time I will pre-bake the pastry according to their package directions or make a crust; mine puffed up and shrank. The bell pepper makes this dish. Oh, and I added more bacon."
"was delicious. worth the time for prep."
"This is a great recipe, though I made it with all real things, just the way they were put on this earth. It's the fat in dairy that helps your body stay slim and it's the YOLKS in eggs that have all the Omega-3s. Trying to strip off parts of real food isn't a good policy, in my opinion. Portion control, regular exercise and a positive attitude are the recipe for success! That said, this recipe is loaded with good stuff and tastes delicious. Thank you for sharing."
"Fantastic! I added a few extra veggies from the frig and it turned out great. I too had extra filling so I made an extra and stuck in in the freezer for later."