Spinach Swiss Pie
This egg dish has a wonderful flavor from the nutmeg, which combines well with the Swiss cheese. Every time I've served it, it's been well received.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. In a bowl,
- combine cheese, onion and spinach. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie
- In a blender, combine milk, eggs, biscuit mix, salt, pepper and
- nutmeg; cover and process until smooth. Pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 163 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.