Spinach Surprise Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in spinach and picante sauce. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 156 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Spinach Surprise
"I thought it was okay, my family wasn't thrilled with it. Gonna see who I can give the left overs to, hate to throw out food!"