- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and onion in broth over medium-low heat until tender. Stir in the spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in walnuts. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Supreme
"I made this as directed, found it to be bland and unexciting. My family however loves spinach so i am always looking for different but healthy serving suggestions. I will try it again next week, i will likely saute the onions & mushrooms with white wine before adding the broth. Im thinking of adding almonds instead of walnuts... will report on the outcome"