Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio showcases spinach at its best in this satisfying side dish. Mushrooms, onion and crunchy walnuts enhance the good-for-you greens. With so much flavor, you won't even miss the butter!
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and onion in broth over medium-low heat until tender. Stir in the spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in walnuts. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Supreme in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p18
Reviews for Spinach Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review