Spinach Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 medium zucchini (6 to 8 inches)
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bread cubes, spinach, parsley, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and thyme; set aside.
- 2. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Spoon about 6 tablespoons beef mixture into each zucchini half.
- 3. Place in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Pour 1/2 cup water into each dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2 stuffed zucchini halves equals 242 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spinach Stuffed Zucchini
"great and easy recipe.. i chop the zucchini in with the other ingredients and make burritos out of it. everyone loves it."