Spinach-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. thick shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Add spinach; cook and stir 7 minutes. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Add spinach and cheese to remaining crumb mixture. Sprinkle tomato shells with garlic salt and pepper; stuff with spinach mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with reserved crumbs. Sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 190 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Tomatoes
"This was really good! I used croutons and crushed them and I also used fresh spinach and it was great! One comment says to use less croutons/bread crumbs and I agree."