Spinach-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Golden brown crumbs add a pretty look to baked tomatoes. When your gang cuts into them, they will be delighted to find a savory spinach filling. They look special, but are very easy to make, and are always a hit a my house.Debbie Andrew, Abingdon, Illinois
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, cheddar cheese, onions and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each tomato.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Stuffed Tomatoes in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p65
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Tomatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >