Spinach-Stuffed Steak Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Cut steak horizontally from a long edge to within 1/2 in. of opposite edge; open (like a book) and flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread spinach mixture over the steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30-45 minutes longer or until tender. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 273 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.