Spinach Stuffed Shells with White Sauce Recipe
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 envelope white sauce mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare white sauce according to package directions; set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg white, basil, garlic powder, pepper and half of the spinach (save remaining spinach for another use). Pour half of the white sauce into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stuff each shell with 2 tablespoons spinach mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining white sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
3 stuffed shells equals 302 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.