- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 36 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from the heat. Stir in the spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, carrot and seasonings; mix well. Stuff into pasta shells. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and salt; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over shells; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Shells
Sort By :
Very filling and a great way to stretch 1 pound of ground beef for those of us who are trying to cut back on meat.