Spinach-Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms in oil for 10-15 minutes or just until tender, turning once.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, spinach, onions, Romano cheese, pepper flakes and salt. Spoon into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 177 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.