Spinach-Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms in oil for 10-15 minutes or just until tender, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, spinach, onions, Romano cheese, pepper flakes and salt. Spoon into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Portobellos
Sort By :
"My husband gave this a 9 out of 10, but only because I used chopped onions instead of green onions and they were kind of crunchy -- :( Otherwise, fantastic!"
"So-so. Really nothing to obsess over. Won't be making this again."
"easy and delicious!"
"This is a wonderful recipe and it's easy to prepare. I used fresh spinach that I sauteed in butter with a little minced garlic. Everyone loved these and they're very filling, too."
"I made this recipe for myself, because I have picky eaters, who would never even try something that had the word spinach in it - my husband included. I only made two and surprisingly, my husband ate one of them (after he tasted mine). This was a delicious recipe. I will definitely make it again."