Spinach-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil; coat the foil with cooking spray and set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside and chop stems. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped mushrooms and onion. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until tender, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream. Stir in the spinach, stuffing, feta cheese, garlic salt and onion mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 233 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 735 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.