Spinach-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil; coat the foil with cooking spray and set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside and chop stems. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped mushrooms and onion. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until tender, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream. Stir in the spinach, stuffing, feta cheese, garlic salt and onion mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Sort By :
WOW! I just had this for dinner tonight and it was incredible. We ate as a main course. It is very flavorful and filling. It was also pretty easy. We used fresh spinach instead of frozen. I can't wait to make it again.
Wow is what I get when my family and friends eat these tasty mushrooms. I also make ahead for my friends when they are running a tight schedule. I put them together and hand over to a friend with baking instructions and they are worry free about preparing a meal. I use them as a main course with a wonderful salad. Thanks Sandy (my name also) and Taste of Home for helping me daily to enjoy a new recipe and not having to have the same boring meals over and over.
This dish is wonderful. The mushrooms are cooked to perfection and the stuffing is so flavorful we intend to use it to stuff chicken breasts as well. We do not like feta cheese so I have substituted with a couple Light soft cheese wedges that are flavored with garlic and herb. This recipe has never disappointed us.