Spinach-Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), tied
- 1. In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Stir in spinach, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and sage. untie pork roast and separate the loins. Spread stuffing over one loin to within 1 in. of the edges. Top with the remaining loin; retie securely with heavy string. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 322 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.