Spinach-Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), tied
- 1. In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Stir in spinach, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and sage. untie pork roast and separate the loins. Spread stuffing over one loin to within 1 in. of the edges. Top with the remaining loin; retie securely with heavy string. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 322 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Pork Roast
"Excellent,I added minced garlic to the mixture and Italian seasoning also added spices to the breadcrumbs and sage rub the top of roast with more minced garlic(jarred). It looked,smelled and tasted great!!!"
"Quite delicious. The stuffing was very tasty and added quite a bit of flavor."
"I have made this many times and it is a favorite of family and friends. In fact I am making this for New Year Day this week..always have pork on NewYear Day"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.