"This beautiful, moist pork roast is my family's favorite special-occasion entree," relates Lila Crowley of Jefferson, Iowa. "After it's assembled, just put it in the oven and forget about it."
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), tied
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Stir in spinach, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and sage. untie pork roast and separate the loins. Spread stuffing over one loin to within 1 in. of the edges. Top with the remaining loin; retie securely with heavy string. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Stuffed Pork Roast in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p55
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review