Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh torn spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 56 large fresh mushrooms (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain; squeeze dry and finely chop. In a large bowl, beat ricotta and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese, water chestnuts, 3 tablespoons pecans and chopped spinach.
- 2. Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use). Spray inside of mushroom caps with butter-flavored spray. Place caps on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Stuff with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 28 servings.
1 each: 26 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.