- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless butterflied leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds), trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- In a small skillet, saute minced garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the spinach, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Untie lamb and open so it lies flat; flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Spread spinach mixture over meat to within 1 in. of edges. Starting with a short side, roll up lamb and tuck ends in; tie with kitchen string at 2-in. intervals. With a sharp knife, make slits on the outside of meat; insert garlic slivers. Sprinkle with rosemary and remaining salt and pepper.
- Place seam side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 425° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-30 minutes longer or until browned and a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Stuffed Lamb in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p124
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Lamb(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review