Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Additional paprika, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses, onion, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each breast with 1/2 cup spinach mixture.
- 2. Place chicken skin side up in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the oil, paprika, oregano and thyme; brush over chicken. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the breast meat reads 170° and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 461 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.