- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and salt.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread ricotta cheese and spinach mixture over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain linguine; toss with remaining butter and salsa. Discard toothpicks from chicken. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken with Linguine
"I cut the recipe in half, but used more garlic and it turned out really delicious. The meat was moist and not salty. I did not use the linguini. Delicious!!"
"We teally loved chicken prepared this way, although I used butter rather than egg for breading the chicken."