Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets for Two Recipe
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute spinach and garlic in 1 teaspoon oil until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the spreadable cheese, 1/3 cup bread crumbs and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the pepper and remaining bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half : 544 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets for Two
"This was very good and everyone really enjoyed it. I doubled the recipe,my chicken breasts were split on top lnstead of a pocket,so I browned the bottom and browned off in the oven 350 degrees for about 10 minutes after drizzling melted butter over crumbs."